24 November 2015

Skincare Routine: How I Cleared Up My Acne


Ever since I was a little kid, I've always had problems with acne. It was just something I struggled with and was quite insecure about.  I used to have acne all over my face, especially on my cheeks, and it just wouldn't go away! So, let me tell you, I've tried my fair share of skincare products, trying to figure out which ones worked best for me. And as a disclaimer, I'd like to add that we all have different skin types, I have acne-prone, combination/oily skin, so not everything I use that works for me would also work perfectly for you, but these are the products that I've used and loved.

Here are some tips I live by for making my skin feel more alive:
  1.  One thing that I find really beneficial for my face is to let it breathe. Meaning trying to give it breaks and not use heavy makeup products everyday.  That really helps with letting your pores breathe and not get clogged.  
  2. Use a face primer, it seals your pores and makes the makeup look better while still creating a barrier between your skin and the makeup.
  3.  Go for a base-less makeup look. If you really want to put some makeup on, opt for some eye makeup and a nice pop of colour on the lips, and all-in-all just skip the face products! This will help you look put-together while still giving your skin the break it needs.
  4. No matter what you do, never sleep with makeup on. I'm sure you've heard everyone say that, and that's because it really is important! When we put makeup on, our skin absorbs the nasty chemicals in it, so removing your makeup every evening, like I've said too much in this post already, helps your skin to breathe
  5. Always be gentle and try to keep your skincare routine hydrating, this will help the skin be healthy, moisturized and less prone to taking in the bad chemicals found in products. 
  6. My last tip is don't stress over it. Of course we will all get breakouts every now and then, and till this day my skin isn't always clear, and that's 100% okay, so don't worry about it.
Here's what I use to (try to) maintain acne-free skin:


I use this Neutrogena Deep Clean Wash/Mask to remove all my makeup, it's one of thee greatest products I've ever used. I've tried a lot of different face washes from different brands, and even other products from Neutrogena, but this one is what I found worked best for me. I use it as a face wash, by wetting my face, then lathering this up in my hands and washing all the makeup away. It even works great with removing my mascara and eye makeup. One bonus thing about this product is that it also double up as a mask! So after a long week, I put this on my face and leave it on for about 5 minutes or until it dries up, then I wash it off and let me tell you, it's one of the best feelings ever! My skin feels so fresh and alive after I use this product. It's definitely a must-have in my skincare routine.


This is also a well-loved product of mine, the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub by Lush Cosmetics. It's one of the greatest scrubs out there, and I know a lot of people swear by it. It's used for all skin types as well, however, opt for a more gentle scrub if you have really sensitive skin. I use this scrub gently on my face to remove any leftover dirt or dead skin, and it makes my face as smooth and bright as ever after. It also helps get rid of blackheads and allows the skin to feel almost refreshed after. I use this weekly, or twice a week, and it gets the job done perfectly. I surely recommend this!


After making my face feel amazing with that scrub, I go ahead and use this Dark Angels Face and Body Cleanser by, again, Lush Cosmetics. I got this cleanser not so long ago, but I've definitely been loving it. I have to say though, the only downside about it is that it can cause a mess, since charcoal and black sugar, as you can probably tell from the picture below, are one of it's main ingredients. Taking a piece of the cleanser, you add some water and mix the cleanser into a paste, which is very pleasing to do, massage it into your skin then wash it off. What does this cleanser do? For starters, it's perfect for my skin type, the oily and acne-prone skin. It helps in reducing the redness of the face and breakouts while leaving the skin glowing and hydrated. Love it! 


So that's all that I use for my face! You should also certainly moisturize your face after to keep it hydrated and loved. I exfoliate first using the scrub to open up my mores and let the cleanser do an even better job. 

I also wanted to add this in here, since it is somewhat considered skincare, right?

I use this Mint Julips Lip Scrub by (wow, what a shock!) Lush Cosmetics. Ahh, I can't tell you how much I love scrubbing my lips. I use this honestly whenever I feel like it. It's especially great to use before you apply any kind of matte lipstick, since it makes it look so much better on those soft lips. It removes the dead skin on your lips and leaves you with the softest, pinkiest, most kissable lips. I then use a lip balm, the one in the picture is an H&M lip butter I got ages ago, but any lip balm would work. 

Now I'm done, I promise! I hope this was helpful and you guys liked it. It was quite fun to write about my skincare routine, honestly. Let me know in the comments if you use any of these products, and what's your favorite skincare product? Thanks for reading!

65 comments:

  1. A face primer is really necessary if you have acne.

    x Karen
    http://dressinginlabels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about using a primer before, but I guess it makes sense :)
    I've also used to have a lot of acne, now I get them once a while, and if I eat a lot of greasy food I get them.
    Thanks for the tips :)

    xo
    https://stylehue.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing beauti products, I like the post :)

    http://fashionconfessions.blogspot.mk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try the Lush Lip Scrub! Thanks for sharing dear. :)

    Mommy Rockin' In Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lina! Thanks for sharing your regimen! The Dark Angels looks awesome. I wanna try!
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try both Lush products you mentioned! I've been curious about the lip scrub. Very informative post! I enjoyed it :)

    Lyndsay // www.ellebeebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skin care can be so stressful. Lovely tips!

    http://viasora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, dear!
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/11/loccitane.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Lush products! These ones look great!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post, i follow u, i hope u will follow me back
    kisses
    http://tajfunblog.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, it's good that you've decided to share your advice :-) ]
    my blog -> https://barbiegirl06.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great products! Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing skincare ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ein richtig toller Post! :)
    Die Lush Scrubs sind echt toll und total effektiv. :)
    Alles Liebe, Anna Lea
    http://growingcircles.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually had no idea a primer also worked as a barrier between makeup and skin! I will start using one more often now! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very curious about the salt scrub. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This skin care routine looks great, I love Lush!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lush products are my favorite!

    www.sincerelyeman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Ocean Salt! Totally agree that this is one of the best scrubs out there.

    Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have heard such good reviews about ocean salt and I just might have to pick it up myself since Lush hasn't disappointed me.

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, I will forward your convincing tips to an important person in my life.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for these tips. I have to take note of this.

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. are all amazing products
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    I wish you an happy day
    a big kiss
    <<< fashion blogger >>>

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to try those Lush products!! Great tips! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lina, this is such a helpful post. I have a combination type of skin, so I am often using scrubs to remove that excess oil from my cheeks:) I would love to try Lush products you listed.
    P.S. Thank you so much for following me back on Bloglovin:) It means a lot to me. Have an amazing weekend!

    Yuliannova

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to try the Dark Angels cleanser from Lush!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  27. very nice post I found bourjois air mat foundation and it is great for oliv type skin so if u can try it u wont be sad!
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Never sleep with make up on! I love the products!
    Dora www.bangsbang.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never tried Lush products but heard so much about them!

    Agnes x

    http://www.blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I need this!
    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. super useful blogpost! thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my latest blogpost if you want <3
    http://evaredson.blogspot.it/2015/12/vegan-christmas-cookies.html

    Lots of love,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  32. One thing that really helped with my acne was cleaning up my diet. I also can't imagine going to sleep with my makeup on lol. I take it off the minute I get home ;)

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  33. One product that really helped me was the REN clarimatte clarifying toner! It's absoloutkey amazing!

    Www.makeupbysophieblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. really nice post!!

    www.fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really need this!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Wishing you an advance Merry Christmas!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love lush!!! Great post <3

    http://www.ufbytaryn.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Es scheint sehr einfach zu verwenden, ist es empfehlenswert

    http://www.noradress.com/de

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love that you shared this! :)

    anaprodanovich.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Since I started using a face primer my skin definitely cleared up more so now I use one all the time! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice products ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: CASUAL CHIC AND FRINGES BAG

    ReplyDelete
  41. My skin stop having acne when I start wearing Rose Hip Beauty Oil but I am sure these product will work wonder on my skin too. Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'll have to try those lush products, really keen to try that ocean scrub sounds amazing plus gets rid of black heads? sign me up! haha

    I also use that lip scrub it works wonders plus tastes amazing hahaha :P

    Rai | utterardour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love everything to do with lush! I really want to give those lip scrubs a go :)

    www.cultivationofjasmin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for your comment on my post, absolutely love your blog in particular this post, will definitely be following xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for your comment on my post, absolutely love your blog in particular this post, will definitely be following xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. dermatologist solution

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed.
    skin care routine

    ReplyDelete
  48. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. cbd bath bomb detroit

    ReplyDelete
  49. Using this type of longboard is normally the easiest and it is recommended that starters lay their hands on this one prior to delving into the more extensive ones. his comment is here

    ReplyDelete
  50. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks his comment is here

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is a great website, might you be involved in doing an interview about how you designed it? If so e-mail me! click to read more

    ReplyDelete
  52. nice post, keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this! acne treatment centers miami

    ReplyDelete
  53. this article is very nice and very informative articleHealthiness Pro

    ReplyDelete
  54. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post.부산출장아로마
    울산출장아로마
    서울출장아로마
    인천출장아로마
    세종출장아로마

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Instagram: